Well the presidential race for 2008 is definitely on although the primaries are not completed yet and the nominating conventions haven't taken place. Hillary Clinton has yet to concede but she no longer matters. Even the running mates are becoming more and more clear. The main combatants are taking shots at each other:
- Edwards has said the GOP prospects are the worst since Watergate
- Huckabee made a joke about someone aiming a gun at Obama
- President Bush compares Obama to those who supported appeasement when dealing with the Nazis
- Obama reponds by calling Bush and McCain fear-mongers and their foreign policy "naive and irresponsible"
- McCain tells NRA that Obama and Clinton threaten gun rights
- Oh, and Hillary continues to campaign into obscurity