Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another heat alert for Toronto


Yeah that was some furnace out there today. It reached a high of 34C (94F) just shy of the record high for August 30. The normal high for this time of year is just 23C (74F) but it's been that type of summer.

Hard to believe but in 1965 on this same day we hit an all time low of 2C (36F) overnight. I actually remember it. I had come home from summer camp and my parents had bought and moved into a new house while we are up north. We were excited about this beautiful, big white house. But the most amazing part was it had air conditioning. Only problem was the temperatures were so low we couldn't turn it on. It was a huge disappointment at the time.

1 comment:

Irv Irving said...

I certainly remember coming back from camp to the new, big, white house. But I don't remember the cold snap.